Admission to law colleges: 5,000 candidates confirm seats, state CET extends deadline till Monday

The CET cell released a provisional merit list on Monday, only to realise the list did not include 250 minority candidates of higher merit.

By: Express News Service | Mumbai | Published:September 18, 2016 12:04 am

AT LEAST 5,000 law aspirants have confirmed their seats after the first round of admissions to law colleges across the state. The State Common Entrance Test (CET) cell has also extended the last date of admissions through the first round till Monday.

The extension came after the CET Cell released an ‘erroneous’ merit list, earlier this week, and later revised it on Wednesday. The candidates were granted an extension to compensate for the delay, said Chandrashekhar Oak, Comissioner, CET Cell.

He said at least 3,000 candidates had taken admission to the three-year LLB course and at least 2,000 candidates to the five-year LLB course.

The CET cell released a provisional merit list on Monday, only to realise the list did not include 250 minority candidates of higher merit.

A total of 203 candidates had been left out from the three-year LLB course merit list and 47 had been left out from the five-year LLB course merit list.

Later, candidates were informed of the error and the merit list was cancelled. The new list was announced on Wednesday and the admissions confirmed by students on Tuesday were cancelled.

The second round of allotments will be held early next week.