An 18-year-old woman from Assam has accused her boyfriend and one of his friends of raping her in South Delhi’s Mahipalpur area on Friday night. The two men, both from the Northeast, have been arrested and sent to judicial custody.
Police said on Friday, the woman and her boyfriend returned to the national capital after a one-month-long trip to south India.
The woman reportedly told police that she left her home in Assam with her boyfriend earlier this month after he promised to marry her.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
“On Friday, after returning from Kerala and after getting off at the New Delhi railway station, the woman’s boyfriend told her that they could stay at his friend’s place in Mahipalpur,” a police officer said.
“There, both men allegedly took turns to rape her and threatened her with dire consequences if she informed anyone about the incident,” the officer said.
The woman alleged that the next day, the accused took her to a market in Mahipalpur, where they dumped her and fled.
The woman made a PCR call, following which police rushed her to hospital, where a medical examination confirmed rape.
The woman initially had difficulty guiding police to the place where her boyfriend had taken her. Police later found the house where the incident took place.