An 18-year-old woman from Assam has accused her boyfriend and one of his friends of raping her in South Delhi’s Mahipalpur area on Friday night. The two men, both from the Northeast, have been arrested and sent to judicial custody.
Police said on Friday, the woman and her boyfriend returned to the national capital after a one-month-long trip to south India.
The woman reportedly told police that she left her home in Assam with her boyfriend earlier this month after he promised to marry her.
“On Friday, after returning from Kerala and after getting off at the New Delhi railway station, the woman’s boyfriend told her that they could stay at his friend’s place in Mahipalpur,” a police officer said.
“There, both men allegedly took turns to rape her and threatened her with dire consequences if she informed anyone about the incident,” the officer said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The woman alleged that the next day, the accused took her to a market in Mahipalpur, where they dumped her and fled.
The woman made a PCR call, following which police rushed her to hospital, where a medical examination confirmed rape.
The woman initially had difficulty guiding police to the place where her boyfriend had taken her. Police later found the house where the incident took place.