Rohtak, the Delhi Congress on Sunday launched its ‘Pol Khol Abhiyaan’ campaign against the AAP in the national capital.
Launched a week after both the Congress and the BJP did not allow the AAP to introduce the Jan Lokpal Bill in the Delhi Assembly, forcing Kejriwal to resign as Chief Minister, the campaign, senior Congress leaders said, “will expose the lies of the 49-day rule of the AAP” in the national capital.
However, the Congress does not intend to stop at just the AAP. Delhi Congress president Arvinder Singh Lovely said the party would “expose the lies” of the BJP too in the coming days. He said the ‘Pol Khol Abhiyaan’ won’t target Kejriwal’s party only and that the Congress would hold another rally next week to expose the BJP’s “rampant corruption” in the city’s municipal corporations.
Congress workers burnt Kejriwal’s effigy in the Central Park at Connaught Place, holding him responsible for an impending rise in power and water bills from April 1. The Congress has said it would file a case against the AAP government for “betraying the people of Delhi” on the twin issues of power and water.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Accusing the former chief minister of leaving Delhi in the lurch, Lovely demanded that Kejriwal submit an “unconditional apology” for betraying the people of the national capital on the issues of power and water. “We did not support them to leave the city in the lurch. They did not even take the vote-on-account seriously,” he said.
All India Congress Committee general secretary (Delhi in-charge) Shakeel Ahmad said, “Kejriwal has made the people of Delhi sacrificial lambs. The people of Delhi are feeling cheated and let down now.”
He accused Kejriwal of playing politics on the strength of foreign funds and “making up an election manifesto full of lies”.
Accusing the AAP of working like a private firm that served its own interests, Ahmad lashed out at Kejriwal, saying he was once again trying to make futile efforts to indulge in “baseless statements and allegations to mislead the people of Delhi”.
Senior Congress leader Haroon Yusuf, who was present at the rally, said Kejriwal’s intention was not to pass the Jan Lokpal Bill but “spread anarchy in Delhi and the country”.