The Vadodara Crime Branch, on Sunday, arrested an engineering student, Bhavik Gajjar, for fraudulent use of credit cards belonging to three US nationals.
A written complaint seeking a probe into the scam was forwarded by Jet Airways as Gajjar used the three credit cards to book return flight tickets between Vadodara and Goa for himself and two friends to “enjoy the Janmashtmi”.
According to the Vadodara DCB, which arrested Gajjar from his Manjalpur residence here on Sunday, the credit cards used belonged to US nationals James Wasniewski, Jim Carlo and Bet Swank.
- Delhi: Man who filled his e-wallet by duping people arrested
- Four Bangladeshis held in Vadodara for ‘fraud’
- Russian gets twelve years in US prison for role in hacking scheme
- Vadodara Crime Branch arrests engineering student for credit card fraud
- Man held for credit card fraud
- Ludhiana couple caught for credit card fraud of over Rs 16 lakh
Last week, Gajjar “purchased” the data of the credit cards belonging to the three card holders from a hacking website and used the details to book connecting air tickets between Vadodara, Mumbai and Vadodara for three persons, including himself. Gajjar has told the police that he wanted to “enjoy the weekend” in Goa with his friends and needed money for the trip. ens