Weeks after the Muzaffarnagar communal violence,four women,all from Fugana village,have alleged rape in written complaints to the police. The Fugana police station has registered two cases of rape and one case of molestation so far.
Confirming this,Kalpana Saxena,SP (Crime),Muzaffarnagar,said,The matter has been transferred to the special investigation team of the Uttar Pradesh Police.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
While two complaints were filed on September 20,the third was filed on September 24,and the last on September 28. In two cases,the husbands of the victims,now living in relief camps,filed the complaints. One victim is a 23-year-old unmarried woman,while the rest are aged between 35 and 45 years.
The Sunday Express has copies of all the complaints. Two victims,in separate complaints,have alleged that five-six men forced their way into their houses and raped them. Another victim has said her house was set on fire,and when she was fleeing,six men threatened her with weapons,forced her inside a nearby house,and raped her.
We are receiving complaints from all over Muzaffarnagar,Shamli and other districts. Since Fugana is one of the worst-hit areas in the district,it also has the highest number of complaints, said Saxena,adding that it took time to sift through these complaints and lodge cases.
“Complaints which have been lodged as rape cases mention the actual act of rape,others speak of sexual harrasment in vague terms. Those have been registered under sections pertaining to molestation, said a senior police officer.
Saxena said the police have only examined 200 riot-related complaints so far,and there were hundreds left.
When violence broke out on September 8,my husband was at my daughters house. I ran out… five men blocked my path,and forced me inside my own house. They were all men I knew… They raped me till I became unconscious, said a victim.
According to camp organisers,the complaints started coming in after police officials began visiting the camps. It was impossible for my wife to go to the police station… It took some time to convince her to even speak to the police officer who came here, said the husband of a victim.