The wet spell continued in the city on the second consecutive day with the Met department recording 5 mm rainfall. The catchment areas received heavy rain with the dam levels increasing by 0.77 TMC. According to the Met department, southwest monsoon has further advanced into remaining parts of north Arabian sea, Saurashtra and Kutch and Gujarat region and west Rajasthan with monsoon covering the entire country.
The irrigation department said that the storage increased to 8.49 per cent as against yesterday’s 5.82 per cent last year. With heavy rain in the catchment areas, the irrigation department officials stated that rainfall has increased in the last two days. “The overall storage is presently 2.47 TMC as against yesterday’s 1.70 TMC, taking the total storage to 8.49 per cent,’’ said the official.
The Met department has stated that heavy to very heavy rainfall would occur at isolated places over Uttrakhand, Assam and Meghalaya, Gujarat region, Saurashtra and Kutch and Konkan & Goa.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai