CHIEF MINISTER Mamata Banerjee on Tuesday attended an Iftar party hosted by Kolkata Municipal Corporation at Park Circus Maidan. The event, attended by the top brass of Trinamool Congress, also saw Bangladesh Deputy High Commissioner Zokey Ahad.
Those present at the event included Mayor Sovan Chatterjee, MPs Sudip Bandopadhyay and Sultan Ahmed and minister Firhad Hakim.
- Karnataka Elections: BJP down, Congress second fiddle, Opposition counts gains
- West Bengal panchayat polls: Administration won’t spare anyone found distributing money to voters, says Mamata Banerjee
- Political parties planning to kill me, have made a will stating who will run TMC: Mamata Banerjee
- Only Bengal residents to now get free treatment at govt hospitals: Mamata Banerjee
- Suspended TMC MP, expelled CPM leader praise CM: ‘Only one who can thwart rise of communal forces in Bengal’
- West Bengal rural polls will mark beginning of end of TMC rule, says Mukul Roy
Mamata, meanwhile, went on to inaugurate the Minority Bhavan on Biresh Guha Street from Maidan itself.
Shahi Imam of Tipu Sultan Masjid, Syed Md Nurur Rahman Barkati, described Mamata as the “most honest chief minister of the country” and the “only alternative for the people of Bengal”.
“She is the most secular and honest leader of the country and we want her to become the Prime Minister. I will go to Delhi later and hold rallies, urging people to give her an opportunity to become the PM,” he added.