OF the total 9,94,624 voters in Pune who exercised their right to elect their Lok Sabha representative, voters from Vadgaonsheri assembly segment will have an upper-hand in deciding the outcome of the Lok Sabha polls as it registered maximum voter turnout among the six assembly segments.
As per the final figures released by the election office, 1,89,629 voters in the Vadgaonsheri assembly segment exercised their franchise while the lowest turnout was in Pune Cantonment assembly segment where 1,40,003 citizens voted. Interestingly, the two assembly segments are strongholds of the Congress, with ally NCP legislator representing Vadgaonsheri and Congress legislator representing Pune Cantonment in the state legislative assembly.
The Kothrud assembly segment saw the second-largest voter turnout with 1,82,191 citizens ensuring that they contribute towards deciding the next MP from the city. The assembly segment is represented by a Sena legislator in the state assembly but MNS has a significant presence and stood second in the previous assembly elections. The MNS also focussed on dividing the Sena vote bank in its favour, with BJP candidate of the saffron alliance in the fray.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
In the recent past, the Parvati assembly segment played a crucial role in deciding the results of the Lok Sabha elections as it has equal presence of Congress and BJP in the area. In Parvati, a total of 1,76,249 voters exercised their franchise. At present, the BJP legislator is representing the area in assembly but the seat was with the Congress previously. The Aam Aadmi Party, too, had worked hard in the area to woo voters.
The Kasba Peth assembly segment has been stronghold of BJP and whenever the party won the elections from the city the major contribution has been from the assembly segment. However, it registered voting by 1,63,199 citizens which is the fourth-highest among all the assembly segment in the Pune Lok Sabha seat. The MNS has also emerged strong in the assembly segment in the recent past and the Congress also has hold over certain pockets in the area.
The Shivajinagar assembly segment, where the Congress has a strong presence, saw 1,43,353 voters exercising their right. The assembly seat is represented by a Congress legislator but Sena also has influence in the area.