OF the total 9,94,624 voters in Pune who exercised their right to elect their Lok Sabha representative, voters from Vadgaonsheri assembly segment will have an upper-hand in deciding the outcome of the Lok Sabha polls as it registered maximum voter turnout among the six assembly segments.
As per the final figures released by the election office, 1,89,629 voters in the Vadgaonsheri assembly segment exercised their franchise while the lowest turnout was in Pune Cantonment assembly segment where 1,40,003 citizens voted. Interestingly, the two assembly segments are strongholds of the Congress, with ally NCP legislator representing Vadgaonsheri and Congress legislator representing Pune Cantonment in the state legislative assembly.
The Kothrud assembly segment saw the second-largest voter turnout with 1,82,191 citizens ensuring that they contribute towards deciding the next MP from the city. The assembly segment is represented by a Sena legislator in the state assembly but MNS has a significant presence and stood second in the previous assembly elections. The MNS also focussed on dividing the Sena vote bank in its favour, with BJP candidate of the saffron alliance in the fray.
In the recent past, the Parvati assembly segment played a crucial role in deciding the results of the Lok Sabha elections as it has equal presence of Congress and BJP in the area. In Parvati, a total of 1,76,249 voters exercised their franchise. At present, the BJP legislator is representing the area in assembly but the seat was with the Congress previously. The Aam Aadmi Party, too, had worked hard in the area to woo voters.
The Kasba Peth assembly segment has been stronghold of BJP and whenever the party won the elections from the city the major contribution has been from the assembly segment. However, it registered voting by 1,63,199 citizens which is the fourth-highest among all the assembly segment in the Pune Lok Sabha seat. The MNS has also emerged strong in the assembly segment in the recent past and the Congress also has hold over certain pockets in the area.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
The Shivajinagar assembly segment, where the Congress has a strong presence, saw 1,43,353 voters exercising their right. The assembly seat is represented by a Congress legislator but Sena also has influence in the area.