Congress’ Pune candidate
Rs 87 crore
Vishwajeet Kadam has turned out to be the richest candidate in the city, with total assets of Rs 87 crore in his name and that of his wife Swapnali, daughter of real estate developer Avinash Bhosale. However, Kadam does not own any vehicle, while his wife has four.
The Congress candidate, son of state Forest Minister Patangrao Kadam, is a baron in education sector and runs Bharati Vidyapeeth, which has institutes across the country. In the information revealed in the affidavit along with nomination papers for Pune Lok Sabha seat, Kadam has put his assets at Rs 36.93 crore, while Rs 50.56 crore are in the name of his wife.
The couple has movable assets — gold, silver, shares, bank deposits and vehicles — worth Rs 46 crore, of which Rs 9.23 crore is in the name of Kadam and Rs 37 crore in the name of Swapnali. It includes cash of Rs 4.5 lakh and bank deposits of Rs 1.86 crore in the name of Kadam in various banks, including Bharati Cooperative Bank. His wife has cash of Rs 1.28 lakh and Rs 1.07 crore in various banks, including Rs 9.69 lakh in a Dubai-based financial institute.
The Congress candidate has shares of various companies, which are worth Rs 3.88 crore, and his wife has shares worth Rs 4.16 crore. The couple has also lent out money to other companies — Kadam has lent Rs 2.23 crore, while his wife has lent out Rs 24.56 crore.
Interestingly, Kadam has no vehicle registered in his name, while his wife owns a Mercedes Benz, Porsche, Range Rover and Toyota Innova, collectively costing Rs 2.08 crore. Kadam has 1.540 kg gold and 11.100 kg silver with total jewellery of Rs 87.18 lakh, while his wife has 3.56 kg gold and other jewellery with total cost of Rs 5 crore.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
The annual income disclosed by Kadam for 2012-13 is Rs 80 lakh, while that by his wife is Rs 22.04 crore. Kadam owns agricultural land in Daund, Sangli and Karad, while his wife has agricultural land at Pashan in Pune. He also owns non-agricultural property in Pune, Mumbai, Satara and Karad.
Kadam has declared his postal address of Pune, but is registered in the electoral rolls at Palus-Kedgaon Assembly constituency in Sangli district, which is represented by his father in the state legislative assembly.