In a major goof-up, biotechnology students studying in different colleges affiliated to the University of Pune (UoP) received question paper of last year for the examination on Saturday.
The paper of Biophysics and Instrumentation was scheduled on Saturday. The information technology department of the university was found to be at fault for the goof-up, which caused confusion and chaos at examination centres.
The error was immediately noticed by certain colleges, which reported about it to the examination department of the university following which the correct question paper was dispatched online at the earliest.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
In an initiative aimed to address the problem of question paper leak, UoP last year started sending question papers online to all affiliated engineering colleges, discontinuing with the earlier practice of physically dispatching them. The initiative was successfully launched as a pilot during the engineering examinations last year, following which it was adopted for all branches.
As part of the new process, every affiliated engineering college receives question paper through e-mail for the subject concerned around an hour before the scheduled examination. The college authorities then print the paper and arrange photocopies according to the number of students appearing for the examination.
When contacted, the UoP authorities concerned said wrong delivery of question paper was taken place due to a “human error”. “It is a first-of-its-kind goof-up we have come across since the initiative of dispatching question paper online was started last year. We are finding the reason behind the error and it would be avoided in future. Such glitch can be seen as teething trouble for a major examination reform like online delivery of question papers,” said the authorities.