In a major goof-up, biotechnology students studying in different colleges affiliated to the University of Pune (UoP) received question paper of last year for the examination on Saturday.
The paper of Biophysics and Instrumentation was scheduled on Saturday. The information technology department of the university was found to be at fault for the goof-up, which caused confusion and chaos at examination centres.
The error was immediately noticed by certain colleges, which reported about it to the examination department of the university following which the correct question paper was dispatched online at the earliest.
In an initiative aimed to address the problem of question paper leak, UoP last year started sending question papers online to all affiliated engineering colleges, discontinuing with the earlier practice of physically dispatching them. The initiative was successfully launched as a pilot during the engineering examinations last year, following which it was adopted for all branches.
As part of the new process, every affiliated engineering college receives question paper through e-mail for the subject concerned around an hour before the scheduled examination. The college authorities then print the paper and arrange photocopies according to the number of students appearing for the examination.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
When contacted, the UoP authorities concerned said wrong delivery of question paper was taken place due to a “human error”. “It is a first-of-its-kind goof-up we have come across since the initiative of dispatching question paper online was started last year. We are finding the reason behind the error and it would be avoided in future. Such glitch can be seen as teething trouble for a major examination reform like online delivery of question papers,” said the authorities.