Chatushringi police arrested two MNS workers on Wednesday for allegedly beating up a worker of a rival political party.
The arrest was made on the complaint of Congress worker Rahul Prahlad Pawar, a resident of Palus in Sangli district.
According to the complaint, on April 15, MNS workers Samadhan Shinde and Dayanand Patil barged into a hostel room in Kothrud where Pawar was staying with his co-workers at beat him up.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
“I was resting at the hostel after attending Congress Vice-President Rahul Gandhi’s rally in the city. Around 8.30 pm, the duo entered my hostel room and asked about the money which according to them was brought to distribute among voters. I was not aware of this and they beat me up,” said Pawar in his complaint.
The duo were produced before the judicial magistrate (first class) which remanded them in one-day police custody.
In a cross complaint, Pawar was booked for violating the model code of conduct after MNS workers approached the police claiming he was trying to distribute money.