- BJP poses five questions to AAP, Kejriwal says let’s debate
- In last leg, BJP goes back to Modi
- In Swachh Bharat times, BJP leaves a mess in Paharganj
- In Batla House, Muslim leader from Gujarat backs Modi, BJP
- Okhla’s election battle rests on what lies six feet under
- Lawyer files complaint against Kejriwal for ‘abetting bribery’
- Congress, BJP workers defect to AAP
Two MNS men held for beating up Cong worker
Chatushringi police arrested two MNS workers on Wednesday for allegedly beating up a worker of a rival political party.
The arrest was made on the complaint of Congress worker Rahul Prahlad Pawar, a resident of Palus in Sangli district.
According to the complaint, on April 15, MNS workers Samadhan Shinde and Dayanand Patil barged into a hostel room in Kothrud where Pawar was staying with his co-workers at beat him up.
“I was resting at the hostel after attending Congress Vice-President Rahul Gandhi’s rally in the city. Around 8.30 pm, the duo entered my hostel room and asked about the money which according to them was brought to distribute among voters. I was not aware of this and they beat me up,” said Pawar in his complaint.
The duo were produced before the judicial magistrate (first class) which remanded them in one-day police custody.
In a cross complaint, Pawar was booked for violating the model code of conduct after MNS workers approached the police claiming he was trying to distribute money.