Two passengers allegedly tried to kill the 33-year-old driver of an Uber cab on Sunday. The driver, identified as Feroz Shaikh, has alleged that two passengers tried to strangle him and steal his cab. Police have filed a case in connection with the incident at the MIDC Bhosari police station. Two unidentified persons have been booked under sections 307 (attempt to murder) and 34 of the Indian Penal Code.
Watch What Else Is Making News
Sub-Inspector F S Solapure, who is investigating the case, said, “Shaikh works as a driver in an Uber cab. The incident took place in Pimple Gurav area. According to his complaint, a person named Asif called on his cell phone at 8 pm on November 6 and told Shaikh that he wanted to hire the cab to take his mother to a hospital. Shaikh told police that after receiving the call, he picked up two persons from a spot near a furniture shop. These two persons allegedly took Shaikh near a sugarcane farm located close to Woodsville society in Moshi. They allegedly tried to kill Shaikh by strangling him with a rope… As per Shaikh’s complaint, they did so as they wanted his cab.
“Neither the car nor any other valuables belonging to the complainant were robbed. The complainant lodged a complaint on Tuesday after speaking to his family members,” said Solapure.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Police are trying to trace the accused from the call made to Shaikh’s phone by the two suspects.