TWO persons were killed in two separate accidents in Nana Peth and on Mumbai Bangalore highway near Balewadi, on Tuesday.
The first accident took place Tuesday morning, when a speeding car, ran over a 65-year-old pedestrian, Dashrath Dhondiba Shinde. Shinde, a resident of Balewadi Stadium quarters, had just stepped out of his home for some work.
He was rushed to a hospital where he was declared brought dead. Police said that they were in the process of identifying the driver of the car.
- Business as usual for bus drivers on ‘killer’ Kharar-Morinda road
- Four killed as speeding truck hits car in Gujarat
- Mohali road accidents: Lives cut short by tragedy, kin await justice
- 148 killed in six months: Stay off Mohali roads
- Over 600 two-wheeler riders killed in three years, only one of them wore a helmet
- Deadly week on Mohali roads, 10 die
In the second accident, a 58-year-old man who was riding his moped, was hit by a speeding autorickshaw at Shivpratap Chowk in Nana Peth on Tuesday afternoon. Police have identified the deceased as Gajanan Suresh Bhilare, a resident of Guruwar Peth. He fell down from the moped after it was hit by the rickshaw and sustained severe injuries, leading to his death.