Trapped under a PMPML bus, 19-year-old Ashwin Doshi who survived Friday’s PMPML bus accident had called his father on his mobile phone and informed him that he was stuck under the bus.
“Papa, I am stuck under a bus. I can’t see anything nor can I come out. I am badly injured,” Ashwin told his father Ajit Doshi over phone. The call, lasting seconds, numbed Ajit Doshi who was attending a family function in Solapur.
“I was terrified. I didn’t know what to do. But even in that condition I was relieved that Ashwin was alive and was good enough to speak. I called up my relatives and friends in Pune who rushed to the accident spot,” says the 45-year-old. Much before friends and relatives could reach to help, passers-by had risen to the occasion. The crowd of about 50 to 70 people lifted the bus and pulled out Ashwin and his friend Siddharth Dudhu.
Speaking to The Indian Express on Wednesday, Ashwin, who is being treated for multiple fractures, torn ligaments and other injuries, said, “Siddharth and I were on our way on my scooter to Chhotu Kolhapuri restaurant to have snacks. I was riding the bike and stopped at Dnyaneshwar Paduka chowk at the red signal. I don’t remember now, but after a few minutes something terrible happened. The next thing I remember was I opened my eyes and was underneath a bus. The right side of my body was crushed and a fast rotating axle was menacingly staring at me in the face. On an impulse I removed my mobile from my pocket with the left hand and called my father. I don’t remember what I told him. After four-five minutes we were pulled out by people,” said Ashwin, who is having trouble speaking due to weakness caused by multiple injuries, blood loss and post-surgery symptoms.
Ashwin said that unlike his friend Siddharth who was unconscious, he could walk when he was rescued. “There was a sea of onlookers outside. They gave me some water. Then I took an autorickshaw and asked the driver to take me to a hospital. Till then I didn’t know how badly I was injured,” he said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
They were under the bus for 10 minutes before they were pulled out. Ashwin, a second year engineering student of VIT College, and Siddharth, a BCom student at Modern College, stay at Seth Hirachand Nemchand Digamber Jain Boarding at the Model Colony. Siddharth has been shifted to a hospital in Solapur.