Three companies — two in Maval and one in Haveli — have been served showcause notices by the District Planning and Environment Committee for emptying untreated effluents into rivers.
“Venky’s, Ganga Paper Mills and Rama Krishi Rasayani have been served notices after the survey by the committee,’’ said District Collector Vikas Deshmukh, who is also the chairman of the committee. Deshmukh — who is holding the charge till the new collector Saurabh Rao takes over — said that the committee had found violation of norms for discharge of effluent during the checks.
Maharashtra Pollution Control Board (MPCB) officials said the companies were found to be emptying untreated effluents into the river. The committee has surveyed all industries near the river bed and is planning surprise checks to take stringent action against violators.
A four-point agenda is the main thrust of the committee — checking industrial waste, preserving medicinal plants, action against companies emptying effluents into rivers and readying the district environmental status report. The panel is gathering information on industrial pollution and will prepare an agenda by March-end.
Officials said the main reasons for pollution are treated and untreated domestic and industrial effluents, use of chemical fertilisers, absence of flow of water through the year, growth of water hyacinth, sand mining and bathing and washing along the river.
Once the data is collated, a study will be undertaken by a private agency, said officials. Data from all departments will be sorted for preparing the report, said the collector. Treatment of rivers in the civic limits was also discussed in the meeting. The collector also said they had sought the help of private agencies, such as Pune University and YASHADA for readying the report. The committee also plans to have special nurseries for preservation of rare medicinal plants.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More