Meenakshi Magar (45), widow of MSEDCL technician Dilip Magar who committed suicide on April 7, sat on a day-long dharna outside MSEDCL office on Wednesday, demanding action against senior officers allegedly responsible for her husband’s death. Magar, who was employed at MSEDCL’s Hadapsar sub division office, had served the utility for 35 years.
A resident of Loni Kand, Meenakshi endured the blazing sun as she sat on the dharna. She even broke down when one of the MSEDCL employees tried to understand the reason for her dharna. Her 21-year-old son and other relatives also joined her in the dharna.
In a letter to MSEDCL, Meenakshi named officials who allegedly harassed her husband, which led to his death. She said the MSEDCL has neither suspended nor taken any other action against senior officials responsible for his suicide.
“These officials were pressuring my husband to take the responsibility for the accidental death of his colleague on March 20. For days, they did not even allow my husband to sign the attendance muster,” she said.
Meenakshi said the MSEDCL should investigate why junior officials are harassed by seniors for things they are not even involved in.
“The employee fell from the pole and later died. But why should my husband be blamed for the death…I have been told that in MSEDCL, seniors always put the blame on hapless juniors,” she said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
She said she ended her hunger strike only after MSEDCL officials assured her of action against officials responsible for her husband’s death.