Meenakshi Magar (45), widow of MSEDCL technician Dilip Magar who committed suicide on April 7, sat on a day-long dharna outside MSEDCL office on Wednesday, demanding action against senior officers allegedly responsible for her husband’s death. Magar, who was employed at MSEDCL’s Hadapsar sub division office, had served the utility for 35 years.
A resident of Loni Kand, Meenakshi endured the blazing sun as she sat on the dharna. She even broke down when one of the MSEDCL employees tried to understand the reason for her dharna. Her 21-year-old son and other relatives also joined her in the dharna.
In a letter to MSEDCL, Meenakshi named officials who allegedly harassed her husband, which led to his death. She said the MSEDCL has neither suspended nor taken any other action against senior officials responsible for his suicide.
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
“These officials were pressuring my husband to take the responsibility for the accidental death of his colleague on March 20. For days, they did not even allow my husband to sign the attendance muster,” she said.
Meenakshi said the MSEDCL should investigate why junior officials are harassed by seniors for things they are not even involved in.
“The employee fell from the pole and later died. But why should my husband be blamed for the death…I have been told that in MSEDCL, seniors always put the blame on hapless juniors,” she said.
She said she ended her hunger strike only after MSEDCL officials assured her of action against officials responsible for her husband’s death.