At Rs 11.61 lakh, the campaign expenditure of Baramati Lok Sabha constituency’s Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) candidate Supriya Sule, is now the highest among candidates for the four constituencies. The expenditure cell for elections has been monitoring the expenses of all the candidates for the past ten days .
Sule is followed by Pune Lok Sabha Congress candidate Vishwajeet Kadam who has shown Rs 5.24 lakh, People’s Guardian Party Arun Bhatia with Rs 5.17 lakh comes third while Maval Sena candidate Shrirang Chandu Barne’s Rs 5.10 lakh and Shirur’s Sena candidate Shivaji Adhalrao with Rs 4.2 lakh are in the list who have attained six digit figures in the expenditure for election process.
While some candidates from Pune will be submitting the expenses by April 7, expenses of Maval, Shirur and Baramati have been updated by the cell. The first inspection for expenses of candidates from the four constituencies — Pune, Maval, Shirur and Baramati saw as many as three candidates from Baramati, Shirur and Maval being issued notices for fudging expenses and not producing the register for expenses in the first phase. “We have matched the figures and we have noticed some discrepancies in the figures shown by NCP candidate from Shirur candidate Devdutt Nikam and Baramati’s Mahadev Jankar and we have informed the Returning Officers. We had also issued a notice to Mahadik Dagadu for not producing the register but he later produced it,’’said nodal officer for election expenses monitoring S G Kolte.While all the Baramati candidates have submitted the list, Suresh Khopade and Ravindra Takle have taken permission to submit the list on Saturday.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The expenses monitoring cell has found that the candidates have spend more on vehicles and for rallies. ‘The account committee will give the detailed assessment of each candidate every three days. The candidates are expected to come for assessment every day and submit the expenses and each returning officer has given a time frame for each of the candidate,’’ said the officer.