SIR Parshurambhau College has submitted a revised proposal to carry out excess 70-plus admissions at the office of deputy director of education (Pune region),which will be now forwarded to the state government for approval.
The previous proposal submitted by the college was sent back by the deputy director owing to shortcomings.
Speaking with Newsline on Thursday,deputy director of education Suman Shine said her office received a revised proposal a couple of days ago. We will forward the proposal to the government with a detailed remark from our side. We will make the government aware of how the college management had earlier refused excess admissions citing lack of infrastructure and teaching staff,and is now demanding the same. Though the college has assured required measures to avoid educational loss to students to be admitted,we will tell the government that the first term of college is nearing an end. It will be up to the state to take a final call on the proposal, she said.
Shinde had earlier rejected the proposal on the grounds that it did not carry a list of students to be admitted and the management had not clarified how it will ensure that newly admitted students have minimum 75 per cent attendance,which is mandatory.
After the centralised admission process was over in July,there was a huge row at SP College last week over the issue of excess admissions. Youth leaders of different political parties had staged protests to press for their demand.