Maharashtra girls Pooja Ghatkar and Shital Thorat won the gold medal in the 10 m Air Rifle and 10 m Air Pistol event,respectively,at the Sanjay KKakade Group Gun for Glory shooting championship on Sunday.
In one of the top events at the shooting range of Balewadi complex,Ghatkar shot 207.5 to finish on top in the womens 10 m Air Rifle event. Second placed Ayonika Paul of Railways scored 205.9,while West Bengals bronze medallist Mampi Das finished with a score of 184.2.
In the 10 m Air Pistol for women,Shital Thorat scored 196.7,edging past Uttarakhands Prerna Gupta (195.5) in the race for the gold medal. Bronze went to ONGCs Shweta Chaudhary,who scored 174.3.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
In the womens 10m Air Rifle team event,Railways,which included Ayonika Paul,Radhika Barale and Suma Shirur,clinched the gold medal with a combined score of 1188. The silver was won by Maharashtra team,comprising Pooja Ghatkar,Anjali Bhagwat and Trisha Mukherjee,who shot 1173. Bronze went to Haryana who fielded,Ritu,Vinita Bhardwaj and Aakanksha Jamwal,with the trio logging a score of 1151.
The mens clay pigeon double trap shooting event was won by Armys Vishvendra Kumar Singh. Tamil Nadus Parthiban Manoharan won the silver,while the bronze medal was won by Maharashtras Vikram Kakade. The same event,in the junior category,was won by Maharashtra lad Ashutosh Murkute.
Aliana Paul won the gold in the clay pigeon double trap shooting in the womens as well as in the juniors