Actor Sanjay Dutt arrived at Yerawada Central Prison here at 4.55 pm on Saturday, as his parole ended on Friday.
Sanjay Dutt was released from Yerawada jail on a one-month parole on December 21 last year on the grounds of his wife Maanyata’s illness. The parole was later extended by a month, till February 21, 2014 and then again till March 21.
Sanjay Dutt had applied for parole extension saying he wanted to take care of his wife Maanyata, who had undergone surgery earlier.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
According to reports, Maanyata has a tumour in the liver. The actor was earlier granted a 14-day furlough in the first week of October and had got a 14-day extension on medical grounds.
Activists of different groups have protested against the government over the grant of parole to Dutt. They alleged that Dutt was given ‘special treatment’ by the government. The 53-year-old actor is serving the remaining 42 months of his sentence for illegal possession of arms in a case related to the 1993 serial blasts, in which over 250 people were killed and several wounded. In early 2013, the Supreme Court had upheld his conviction. He has already served 18 months of his five-year jail term. The actor was shifted to Pune’s Yerawada Central Jail in May last year, nearly a week after he surrendered before a special court.