Police have filed a charge-sheet against a 25-year-old school bus attendant and a 28-year-old driver of a private primary school for allegedly raping a 4-year-old kindergarten student.
There was a public uproar after the incident came to light in April. Parents of students had ransacked the school office.
Investigating Officer Senior Police Inspector Pravin Chougule filed a charge-sheet in the special court of Prachi Kulkarni on Saturday. The bus attendant and the driver have been booked under sections 5 (m), 6, 7 and 8 of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act (PCSOA) and section 376 (i) of the Indian Penal code.
As per the original complaint filed by the school principal after the parents of the girl approached her, the minor girl was sexually assaulted by the bus attendant in a moving bus on April 5, 2014. The incident came to light after the girl complained to her mother.
The school interrogated the suspects after the girl’s parents approached the principal who lodged a molestation complaint against the attendant, and against the driver for not reporting the incident or trying to stop it. Rape charges were added to the complaint after her parents discovered the girl was sexually assaulted multiple times.
In his statement to police, the girl’s father said a gynaecologist examined the girl and confirmed rape.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
“When we took our daughter to the principal, she promised action against the driver and asked us to take her to a doctor for medical examination. When we took her to a medical examination, the gynaecologist told us she was sexually assaulted multiple times and has received injuries to her private parts,” said the father.
Chougule told Pune Newsline “We thoroughly investigated the case and filed a charge-sheet under relevant sections of the IPC and PCSOA against the two accused for raping the minor girl. Our investigation did not point towards any wrongdoing on part of the school, hence none of the school officials have been charged.”