Police have filed a charge-sheet against a 25-year-old school bus attendant and a 28-year-old driver of a private primary school for allegedly raping a 4-year-old kindergarten student.
There was a public uproar after the incident came to light in April. Parents of students had ransacked the school office.
Investigating Officer Senior Police Inspector Pravin Chougule filed a charge-sheet in the special court of Prachi Kulkarni on Saturday. The bus attendant and the driver have been booked under sections 5 (m), 6, 7 and 8 of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act (PCSOA) and section 376 (i) of the Indian Penal code.
As per the original complaint filed by the school principal after the parents of the girl approached her, the minor girl was sexually assaulted by the bus attendant in a moving bus on April 5, 2014. The incident came to light after the girl complained to her mother.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
The school interrogated the suspects after the girl’s parents approached the principal who lodged a molestation complaint against the attendant, and against the driver for not reporting the incident or trying to stop it. Rape charges were added to the complaint after her parents discovered the girl was sexually assaulted multiple times.
In his statement to police, the girl’s father said a gynaecologist examined the girl and confirmed rape.
“When we took our daughter to the principal, she promised action against the driver and asked us to take her to a doctor for medical examination. When we took her to a medical examination, the gynaecologist told us she was sexually assaulted multiple times and has received injuries to her private parts,” said the father.
Chougule told Pune Newsline “We thoroughly investigated the case and filed a charge-sheet under relevant sections of the IPC and PCSOA against the two accused for raping the minor girl. Our investigation did not point towards any wrongdoing on part of the school, hence none of the school officials have been charged.”