The Pune rural police raided an “illegal” party at a bungalow in Lonavla and nabbed 46 college students of a Mumbai law college for allegedly consuming liquor and hukkah without permission and performing “obscene” dances early on Thursday.
An offence was registered with the Lonavla city police station. Police said they got information about youths performing obscene dance and playing loud music in a bungalow at Gold Valley in Tungarli area of Lonavla late at night. A team of Lonavla city police led by inspector I S Patil, also comprising women constables, raided the bungalow around 12.30 am.
Cops also seized a huge stock of Indian as well as foreign liquor along with hukkah pots and tobacco products worth Rs 19,000, at the spot.
Police then arrested the students — 20 boys and 26 girls — and conducted medical tests on them at night. The bungalow owner, Saifuddin Colombowale, and manager Dilip Rammilan Yadav were also arrested. Police said the majority of students are from rich families.
Those arrested were produced before the Wadgaon Maval court on Thursday afternoon. They were, however, released by the court on bail.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Additional Superintendent of Police Vijay Magar said, “We raided the bungalow on receiving information. We arrested the youths as they were involved in illegal acts. They were students of a Mumbai-based law college and had come to Lonavla for a night party as their exams were over.”