An employee of a private marketing firm in Mumbai died after falling 250 feet deep into a valley from the Lion’s Point, a tourist spot in Lonavala, around 2.15 pm on Saturday. Police have identified the deceased as Agnel Cyril Peris (25), a resident of Kalina in Thane.
Lonavla rural police naik Shakeel Shaikh, who visited the spot where the incident took place, said, “Agnel works with a marketing firm in Mumbai. He and his colleagues had come to Lonavla in a 17-seater vehicle.” “We have recorded the statements of Agnel’s friends. From the inquiry so far, it is revealed that he slipped down the valley while going from one spot to another by crossing the railings,” said Shaikh.
On receiving the information about the incident, a team of Lonavala rural police and mountaineers of the Shivadrug Mitra Adventure Club rushed to the spot. They recovered the body from the valley. Police said that family of the deceased had been informed about the incident and the body would be handed over to them after autopsy.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai