The Pune City Police have recovered two pistols, four cartridges and four empty shells from a youth. Interestingly, the pistols have names of foreign country imprinted on them, however, police said the pistols are country-made but of fine quality.
Acting on a tip-off, a team from Yerwada police station, led by Assistant Police Inspector Madhukar Thorat, laid a trap and nabbed Vikrant Janardan Abdule (22) near a mental hospital on Thursday afternoon.
During a search, police recovered two pistols, four live cartridges and four empty cartridge shells, all worth Rs 40,000 from his possession. Police said Abdule is a native of Jamkhed in Ahmednagar district, but was currently residing at her relative’s place in Yerwada.
Abdule reportedly told the police that he brought the weapons from Jamkhed to sell them in Pune. A probe is on to confirm from whom and how he procured the weapons, and to whom he was planning to sell the guns in Pune.
Meanwhile, police said Abdule has a criminal record with Ahmednagar police. Police found that “JAPAN” was imprinted on one of the pistols recovered from him. Also, the live cartridges carried marks of “KF 7.65” and “KF 705”. Police suspect that the manufactures may have purposely imprinted it on one of the country-made pistols to earn more money by selling it as a foreign make.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More