A 28-year-old woman has been arrested for the second time for house break-ins in residential societies. The woman, who is originally from Patan in Satara district, allegedly started the burglaries out of a need for money when her husband was ill and continued doing so after his death, police said.
Laxmi Santosh Awaghade, a mother of two, was arrested by Chatushrungi police after a team headed by senior inspector Dayanad Dhome received a tip-off about her. Police learnt that a woman suspect was involved in several house break-ins in Chatushrungi area. A team was sent to Patan in Satara and Laxmi was arrested.
Probe revealed that Laxmi was arrested by Wakad police in 2015 and at the time, the police had recovered gold ornaments weighing 650 gm from her. Senior inspector Dhome told Newsline, “She was in jail for a while after her arrest by Wakad police last year. She resumed the break-ins after she was released on bail. All the 10 offences that we have arrested her for have been committed after her release from jail.”
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Dhome added, “She has told us in the interrogation that she started committing thefts and house break-ins over four years ago, when her husband Santosh was very ill. She has two children, whom she has kept at a residential school in Satara. Her husband died of the illness later.”
Investigation has revealed that Laxmi used to enter residential societies posing as a housemaid seeking work in order to avoid suspicion and targeted locked flats. “She has broken into flats both during the day and night. We have recovered most of the original ornaments from her weighing 323 gm of gold and 500 gm of silver, total worth over Rs 11 lakh,” he added.
The probe was supervised by additional commissioner Shashikant Shinde, DCP Basavraj Teli and ACP Vaishali Jadhav Mane.