The crime branch of Pune city police have arrested a woman and her accomplice for allegedly committing house break-in thefts in the city. Acting on a tip-off to police naik Khandare of the property cell of crime branch, a team led by inspector Sushma Chavan laid a trap and arrested a 27-year-old woman at Pimple Wasti on Mundhwa road on April 11.
- Serial burglar breaks into house, allegedly rapes owner in Delhi's Rani Bagh
- 71-year-old killed in Pune, two gold bangles, gold chain of the deceased missing
- Pune police bust ‘fraudulent’ call centre in Delhi
- Lonavala double murder: Accused made the boy strip, killed him when he protested against stripping girl, then killed her, says Police
- Pune: 2 held, 15 chain-snatching cases solved
- Badlani was held twice in the past for betting: Cops
Police said the woman is a history-sheeter and is a resident of Dehu Road. Police have also arrested her accomplice, identified as Bhaudas Kachru Shirsat (32) of Dehu Road. He is a labourer.
During searches, the police recovered three broken bicycle stands along with a screwdriver and cell phones from the suspects. The police produced the suspects before a magistrate court and received their custody for investigation. Sustained interrogation of the two suspects revealed their involvement in four house break-ins and one vehicle theft registered at Mundhwa, Koregaon Park, Vimantal, Chatushringi and Dighi police station last year.
The police have so far recovered 259 grams of stolen gold from the suspects. Meanwhile, police also arrested their accomplice Rama Jadhav (20) of Shivaji Nagar. He has been handed over to Vimantal police station for further investigation. The suspects committed thefts in daylight and also during the night, said deputy commissioner of police (crime) P R Patil.