The crime branch of Pune city police have arrested a woman and her accomplice for allegedly committing house break-in thefts in the city. Acting on a tip-off to police naik Khandare of the property cell of crime branch, a team led by inspector Sushma Chavan laid a trap and arrested a 27-year-old woman at Pimple Wasti on Mundhwa road on April 11.
- Baby stolen from Thane civil hospital found, three arrested
- Mumbai: Two held for house break-ins
- Chandigarh: Snatchers target 60-year-old woman, make off with half portion of her gold chain
- Pune: MCOCA invoked against 23 for ‘operating sex racket’
- History-sheeter dupes 66-yr-old of Rs 57,000
- A crook’s hook: Con ‘bride’ arrested for duping 10 ‘grooms’
Police said the woman is a history-sheeter and is a resident of Dehu Road. Police have also arrested her accomplice, identified as Bhaudas Kachru Shirsat (32) of Dehu Road. He is a labourer.
During searches, the police recovered three broken bicycle stands along with a screwdriver and cell phones from the suspects. The police produced the suspects before a magistrate court and received their custody for investigation. Sustained interrogation of the two suspects revealed their involvement in four house break-ins and one vehicle theft registered at Mundhwa, Koregaon Park, Vimantal, Chatushringi and Dighi police station last year.
The police have so far recovered 259 grams of stolen gold from the suspects. Meanwhile, police also arrested their accomplice Rama Jadhav (20) of Shivaji Nagar. He has been handed over to Vimantal police station for further investigation. The suspects committed thefts in daylight and also during the night, said deputy commissioner of police (crime) P R Patil.