Pune rural police have set up an election cell to coordinate the preparations for the upcoming Lok Sabha polls.
The cell, comprising one assistant police inspector, two police sub-inspectors and assisting staff, has already started collecting data related to law and order issues in the district.
“We have identified sensitive election booths and have started preparing for the bandobast to be put in place at these booths. We have also taken steps to expand the network of our wireless communication, so that even the remotest of the areas, especially those in hilly terrain are not out of coverage.” said Ravindrasinh Pardeshi, Additional Superintendent of Police .
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
He added, “Our focus is to stop circulation of illegal weapons.Preventive action against criminals on record has been initiated. We are also conducting drive against illegal vehicles. As per the procedure, we have asked people carrying licensed weapons to deposit their firearms with us. Only those who need weapons for their official duties, like bank guards, have been exempted.”
The cell has also identified crucial deployment points where nakabandi will be put in place during the elections. Senior police officers said on the backdrop of the upcoming elections, they were closely monitoring gangs active in the rural and fringe areas of the city, especially those which are politically connected.