Flooded with complaints of overcharging by ambulance service providers, Pune RTO has fixed rate card of these emergency services besides spelling out other norms.
The decision, however, has not gone down well with service providers, who have threatened to go on strike.
RTO authorities have sent a letter to prominent hospitals, including those run by the government, to display rate card for ambulance services.
“Citizens can complain us if ambulance service providers ask for extra money than stipulated charges. We will take action against such erring service providers” senior RTO official said.
As per rate card prepared by RTO, vans can charge up to Rs 250 for 25 kilometer, and Rs nine per each kilometer thereafter. Jeeps used as ambulances can charge Rs 300 for providing service up to 25 kilometer, and Rs 10 for each subsequent kilometer. For hiribg Ambulances providing ICU services, patients or their relatives will have pay Rs 700 for up to 25 kilometer, and Rs 20 for each kilometer onwards.
Nana Kshirsagar, leader of ambulance service providers, said RTO decided rate card for ambulances unilaterally, without consulting service providers.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“Ambulances have to come empty on return journey. Also, the cost of cleaning and disinfecting vehicles is very high. Factors like these were not considered by RTO,” he said, adding that future course of agitation, including giving a call for indefinite strike, would be taken during meeting on Sunday.