The PMPML will be plying 97 extra buses to help devotees reach Alandi and Dehu to take part in the holy processions scheduled to commence from next week. Of these, 65 buses would ply towards Alandi from the city, while 20 would take passengers to Dehu, PMPML officials said.
The extra buses would take care of the rush that’s experienced a few days before the palanquins depart from Alandi and Dehu towards Pandharpur. Many devotees, who come down to the city from across Maharash-tra, visit the twins towns before setting off to the seat of Lord Vitthala from various locations in Pune and Pimpri Chinchwad.
The extra buses have been scheduled from June 25-29. The buses would ply to Alandi and Dehu from PMC headquarters, Hadapsar, Pune station, Bhosari, Hinjewadi and Chinchwad.
- Railways cancels two local trains between Pune and Lonavala, commuters fume
- Commuters hit as Pune Mahanagar Parivahan Mahamandal Ltd terminates services of contractor
- Pune University writes to PMPML, seeks evening bus service, more trips
- Dnyaneshwar & Sant Tukaram Palkhis to enter city tomorrow
- Days of devotion,infra woes for towns
- Bandh paralyses city,warkaris have tough time
“These buses would cater to devotees who want to reach Alandi and Dehu to participate in the departure ceremonies held at the temples in the holy towns. On June 28, bus services would be available till midnight. On June 29, services would commence at 3 in the morning from Swargate, Pune railway station, Hadapsar and the PMC headquarters,” a statement issued by PMPML said.
During the brief stays of the palanquins and devotees in Hadapsar, special buses would ply from Pulgate towards Pune station, Warje, Kothrud Depot, Nigdi, Chinchwad and Alandi.