As rains continue across the state, MeT officials said withdrawal of monsoon would take yet another week, predicting another spell of rain considering that there was another system in the Arabian sea.
According to the India Meteorological Department (MeT), withdrawal of monsoon will continue from the north-western parts as conditions are favourable for withdrawal only in those areas. The state was seeing a good spell of rainfall in Marathwada and Vidarbha regions as well as in Thane, Navi Mumbai and Mumbai city areas.
It is generally observed that the withdrawal of monsoon generally takes place between October 16 and 17 and this year too the withdrawal should happen during the same time.
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
“As of now the conditions are not favourable but once the conditions become favourable then it should happen fast,’’said the MeT officials. Officials dismissed reports that the southwest monsoon had officially withdrawn and said that showers will continue for the next two days.