The Pune police on Tuesday said Padmasenraje Vijaysinhraje Dabhade (64), a businessman and descendent of the royal family of Talegaon Dabhade, died due to consumption of poison after being under stress for the last few days.
Dabhade was found dead at room number 7 of Poona Club around 10 am on Monday. An accidental death case was then registered at the Bund Garden police station. The police sent his body for postmortem at the Sassoon General hospital.
Senior police inspector U N Sonawane said: “Medical reports confirmed that he consumed poison. Also, his family members have told us that he had been under stress. The reason behind his stress is not yet known.”
“He had booked the room at Poona Club on Sunday. No suicide note was found,” he added. Dabhade is survived by his wife Vrushalirahe and son Satyasheelraje Dabhade, residents of Model Colony, Shivajinagar.
For all the latest India News, download Indian Express App now