A man who went to help three people, including his nephew, who had fallen down from their bike while riding triple in an inebriated condition, was beaten to death by them. Police said that the incident took place in the wee hours of Wednesday.
Police have identified the deceased as Aseem Mohammed Shah (40), a resident of Indiranagar in Khadki. The three accused—Isaq Hakeem Shah (Aseem’s nephew) and his two friends Dawood Shaikh and Vijay Vasant Shinde—were arrested.
Police said that Isaq, Dawood and Vijay were on their way back home after they consumed alcohol together. Police said that around 2 am, while they were close to the area they live, Isaq who was riding the bike lost his control and the three fell down.
- Man arrested for ‘harassing’ ex-cricketer’s daughter sent to police custody till January 11
- Pune: Man ‘murders parents while they sleep, tries to kill self’; arrested
- Teenager, uncle beaten in road rage in Nallasopara
- Underworld don Dawood reportedly depressed over only son becoming Maulana
- Extortion case against Iqbal Kaskar: Cops to record statements of NCP corporator, Sena leader
- BJP councillor on the run after woman beaten up, stripped in public in Surat
At the same time, Aseem was also on his way home from some work and saw the three on the ground. He went to help them get up. But as he tried to lift them, he reportedly reprimanded Dawood and Vijay saying, “Why are you spoiling my nephew?”. He also reprimanded Isaq saying, “Can’t you ride the bike properly?”
Getting agitated by this, the three started beating up Aseem. They fled the spot after Aseem fell unconscious. After family members of the deceased came to know about the scuffle, they took him to hospital, where he was declared brought dead.