IN YET another case of goons running amok and vandalising vehicles of the citizens, a clash between two local groups in Warje led to vandalism in the area and as many as 10 vehicles were damaged by the miscreants who went on a rampage after the dispute.
Warje Malwadi police have said that the groups of criminals on police record led by Suraj Pimpre and Rohit Pasalkar are at loggerheads in the area and clashed with each other on Saturday night around 11 pm. After the fight, the two groups went on a rampage in the area. Police said they pelted stones on the vehicles in the each others area of influence.
At least 10 vehicles including four wheelers, rickshaws and bikes were damaged by the groups who were pelting stones and flexing wooden sticks and swords. The ruckus lead to a tense situation in the area, leading police to deploy their teams in the area.
- Jharkhand: 'Shourya diwas' procession leads to stone-pelting in Dhanbad, several detained
- Painting a clash communal
- 15 vehicles ‘vandalised’ in Warje; police say suspects wanted to ‘spread terror’
- Goons go on rampage,damage 25 vehicles after quarrel with hotelier
- MCOCA against Maharaja Gang
- Gang rivalries now find a new victim in private vehicles
Two offences under the Indian Penal Code sections for rioting, criminal intimidation, damage to property were registered against the members of two groups. Those booked in the first group are Surak Pimpre, Nehal Shinde, Javed Pathan, Prashant Shinde and two others. Those booked in the second group are Rohit Pasalkar, Mandar Joshi alias Manya, Sanket Shinde, Akshay Uadhav and five to six others.