The Crime Branch of Pune city police busted a gang of burglars and recovered gold worth Rs 19 lakh that was stolen in a break-in at a bungalow in Parvati. Police said one of the accused has played a small role in a Marathi movie. Police also arrested three people who allegedly bought the stolen gold from them.
The police team received a tip-off that some youths from Kasewadi slum had come to Pimpri to sell stolen gold.
- Mumbai: Bike thief jumps into sea to flee constables, caught by fishermen who chase him on boat
- Mumbai duo involved in 11 burglaries arrested
- Burglaries at shrines: Police adopt mantra of coordination
- Their strike rate so far: 33 places of worship in five years
- Sreejith’s ‘custodial death’: Four police officers suspended
- Mansarovar Park murders: Clean chit to guard’s wife
Based on that, police detained Amol Avachare (19) and Yogesh Chaudhary (19). Their questioning led cops to two more accomplices of the duo, who are minors. Their interrogation revealed that the four had broken into a locked bungalow and stolen gold and silver ornaments. All the four were then arrested.
Cops recovered some ornaments from Chaudhary’s house, and also from the three buyers—Bipin Kulkarni, Pratik Waghmare and Sagar Shahane. Police said Chaudhury has played a small role of a school boy in a Marathi movie and has also featured in some documentaries.