A major fire erupted at a packaging unit in Bhosari MIDC area in the early hours of Sunday. Though no casualties were reported, the intensity of the fire was so high that till 7 pm in the evening, the fire brigade was still making efforts to control it.
As per the information given by the fire brigade of Pimpri Chinchwad Municipal Corporation, their control room received a call at 2.21 am about a fire at Radheshyam Wellpack Packaging company. The fire had immediately spread to the storage area which houses stacks of packaging material like paper, plastic and cardboard roles.
- Major fire at Mango Festival: Over 60 shops destroyed
- Fire breaks out in store opposite Breach Candy Hospital; no casualty
- Fire breaks out at Army building in Colaba, no casualty
- Mumbai: Fire breaks out in Army building in Colaba, no injury reported
- Maharashtra fire: Three die as chemical reactor explodes at industrial unit in Tarapur
- Mumbai: Ghatkopar chemical godown gutted in major fire
Duty officer at PCMC fire brigade control room said, “The intensity of the fire was very high. Initially, 10 fire tenders were pressed into action and several water tankers were sent as additional supply. Even hours of operation, till 7 pm on Sunday evening, efforts were still on to completely cool down all the areas and control the fire.”