A major fire erupted at a packaging unit in Bhosari MIDC area in the early hours of Sunday. Though no casualties were reported, the intensity of the fire was so high that till 7 pm in the evening, the fire brigade was still making efforts to control it.
As per the information given by the fire brigade of Pimpri Chinchwad Municipal Corporation, their control room received a call at 2.21 am about a fire at Radheshyam Wellpack Packaging company. The fire had immediately spread to the storage area which houses stacks of packaging material like paper, plastic and cardboard roles.
- Major fire breaks out at Mumbai airport’s domestic terminal 1B, no casualty
- Eight fires in 24 hours in Mumbai, no casualty reported
- Bleaching soda, floor cleaner mixed: Smoke causes panic at Pune railway station
- Packaging factory gutted in fire in Noida
- Fire breaks out in flat in 32-storey Legend Tower on Banganga Road, no casualties
- Shop owner illegally prepared farsan on the premises: BMC
Duty officer at PCMC fire brigade control room said, “The intensity of the fire was very high. Initially, 10 fire tenders were pressed into action and several water tankers were sent as additional supply. Even hours of operation, till 7 pm on Sunday evening, efforts were still on to completely cool down all the areas and control the fire.”