A farmer, who recently received a loan recovery notice, was found dead in his farm in Kazad village in Indapur taluka of Pune district on Thursday morning.
A case of accidental death has been registered at the Walchandnagar police station. Police have identified the deceased as Namdev Lakshman Zagade (55), resident of Shindewadi in Kazad village.
Police are probing whether he committed suicide due to debt or was there any other reason behind his death. Police said there was no suicide note left behind by the deceased. Also, during primary investigation, police said they got nothing that suggested he committed suicide.
- Vegetable vendor hangs self inside gram panchayat complex in Gujarat
- Kolhapur: 90-year-old woman found charred, police suspect suicide
- Madras High Court notice to Centre, Tamil Nadu govt on PIL over farmer's death
- Panchkula: Student found dead in car with bullet injuries
- Man, woman found hanging from tree at Sinhagad fort in Pune; police suspect suicide
- Debt-ridden Baramati farmer found dead, suicide suspected
Police said that Namdev went to his farm for watering the field around 10.30 pm on Wednesday. He was found dead in the farm around 9 am on Thursday. A villager, Shahji Kuldip Zagade, saw him lying unconscious in the farm and informed his family and later the police.
On receiving information, a team of Walchandnagar police station, led by inspector S D Patil, rushed to the spot for investigation.
“We got to know that he had taken a loan and received a notice recently for recovery of the amount. But, it is not sure whether he committed suicide due to the debt. The postmortem of the body has been done. The viscera has been preserved for chemical analysis. The cause behind the death would be known after receiving the report of chemical analysis,” said inspector Patil.