Eight people have been arrested for allegedly manhandling and threatening two policemen on duty near the Bottle Rock Hotel on the Pashan Sus Road.
The suspects have been identified as Ganpat Mukutrao Murkute (54), Vinod Dnyaneshwar Murkute (30), Lakshman Balasaheb Tangde (24), Akash Tukaram Vidhate (21), Abhijit Chandrakant Thorat (20), Kaustubh Devidas Murkute (19), Ajit Ganpat Murkute (23) and Akshay Ganpat Murkute (26), all residents of Baner area.
Police havaldar Hanumant Dhumal has lodged the offence in this case at the Hinjewadi police station under sections 353, 332, 323, 504, 143, 147, 148, 149 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC).
Dhumal was out on patrol with police constable Khopkar, both attached to the Hinjewadi police station, when they found accused Ajit Murkute sitting in the driver’s seat of a four-wheeler, talking to a woman at a secluded spot around 7.15 pm near Bottle Rock Hotel.
They questioned Ajit Murkute, who became angry.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
He summoned his aides and all of them allegedly assaulted and abused Dhumal and Khopkar. They also threatened to get the two policemen suspended from service and allegedly attempted to beat them with a wooden stick.
Assistant police inspector G J Dhamne is investigating the case.