Two men falsely posing as senior officials of a branded garment company allegedly molested a sales girl at Amanora Mall in Hadapsar. The 20-year-old victim has lodged a complaint with Hadapsar police station. Police have arrested two suspects identified as Rajesh Kaul (55), a resident of Samrat Garden, Hadapsar, and Deepak Patil, (40), a resident of Mohammadwadi.
Police said the duo went to Amanora Mall on March 8 and 9. They went to the spot where sales girls were selling clothes of a prominent company. The duo allegedly claimed to be directors of the company and blasted the sales persons for non-performance. They abused the staff saying that sales have gone down and warned of action. They then asked the salesgirl to come with them. They allegedly blackmailed her that she would be sacked if she does not come. So the girl went with them in their car. The duo, however, ‘misbehaved’ with her in the car and ‘molested’ her.
- 4 booked for molesting, killing woman; cops say charges may be false
- Along railway tracks, mystery death of mother and a child
- Faridabad: 22-year-old arrested for ‘torturing’ domestic help, ‘used to throw boiling water on back’
- Mumbai: Man held for ‘murder’ of three-year-old boy
- BHU: Police yet to record victim’s statement, say ‘not reachable’
- Nine-yr-old girl ‘molested’ at Panipat school, one held
When the car reportedly stopped at a crowded place in traffic, the girl rushed out and fled. She, along with other staff, approached the manager of Amanora Mall. As mall authorities found out that the duo were not office-bearers of any garment company, they contacted police.
Senior police inspector R N Mohite said, “We checked the video footages from the CCTV cameras installed in the mall. We got the number of the car used by the two suspects. Accordingly, our teams initiated a probe and traced them. Patil is a local contractor and Kaul is unemployed. Further investigation is on.”