14 tourists who had hired a private bus to travel to Pune from Gujarat had a narrow escape after the tempo traveller ferrying them caught fire at a steep slope in the ghat section on the Pune-Mumbai Expressway at 1.50 pm, after its engine “overheated”, said Khopoli police.
“The bus was heading towards Pune and the vehicle was hired to tour the city. While passing through the ghat section near Adoshi tunnel, the bus engine seems to have overheated due to the high slope and caught fire. Fortunately, all the occupants deboarded the bus in time and escaped unhurt,” the police added.
Watch What Else Is Making News
A case of accidental fire has been registered with the khopoli police station.
The Expressway Police said that the accident did not cause any traffic congestion on the E-way and traffic remained smooth. The tourists hired another bus and completed the rest of their tour.
For all the latest India News, download Indian Express App nowFirst Published on: November 2, 2016 1:39 am