As many as five juvenile delinquents lodged at the Nehru Udyog Kendra Observation home in Yerawada attacked two caretakers and escaped by scaling the walls. The incident took place on Wednesday evening. Officials of the observation home have reported the incident to Yerawada police station but the first information report has not been lodged yet.
- David Sassoon Industrial School: 13 inmates escape special home, eight apprehended
- Shivajinagar case: 9 arrested, chargesheeted so far
- Nine juveniles escape from remand home in Jaipur
- In 17 months, 17 minors escape from Yerawada observation home
- 6 boys from observation home flee during picnic
- 5 juvenile delinquents escape from observation home
According to police, five boys allegedly attacked the caretakers Jitendra Raskar and P V Kore. The boys thrashed them, tied their hands and legs, scaled the walls of the observation home and fled. Later, the caretakers rescued themselves and informed the observation home officials.
When contacted, Sharad Kurhade, superintendent of the Nehru Udyog Kendra Observation home in Yerawada, said, “The incident took place on Wednesday when the boys in the observation home were taken for dinner. The caretakers informed the administration about the incident. All five boys were held in cases of thefts.” Meanwhile, the Yerawada police have initiated probe into this case and registered a missing report of the five boys.