The Pune City Police have arrested a 46-year-old man for allegedly raping a five-year-old girl twice in Chikhli area
Police have identified the suspect as Appa Uddhav Lamkhane Patil, a resident of Shelar Vasti in Chikhli.
The incident took place on October 18 and 19. The mother of the victim had initially lodged a complaint in this case with Dehu Road police station.
But the case was later transferred to Nigdi police station for an investigation. Police said Appa lured the girl on the pretext of giving her milk and food around 8 pm on October 18.
He then took her to a spot behind the Laxmi Engineering Company in Chikhli, where he allegedly raped her and then threatened to kill her if she talks about the ordeal to anyone.
Police said again on October 19 night, he allegedly took the girl with false promise of giving her food and a bicycle, and then allegedly raped her in a private vehicle. Police said the victim’s mother got to know about the incident recently, after which she lodged an FIR with Dehu Road police station.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
After the case was transferred to Nigdi police station, police have arrested Appa under sections 376 (I) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) and sections 3, 4, 11 and 12 of the Prevention of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act.
Police Sub-Inspector S S Suryawanshi is investigating the case further. Police said accused Appa worked as a driver for a private company.