By: Aashay Khandekar
Several students had to run from pillar to post to get their degree certificates during the annual convocation of the University of Pune (UoP) on Monday. In the process, many students also missed the address by noted economist C Rangarajan. “I had paid fees for my degree certificate, but the university computer system was showing my name as invalid. Eventually, I had to return home without my certificate. University authorities are now asking me to submit photocopies of mandatory documents again. This is agonising,” said Siddharth Ghorpade, a BA (economic) student, Fergusson College.
Like Siddharth, there were several students seen running from one help desk to another to get their certificates even as Rangarajan started delivering his address. “The university authorities are saying that my certificate will be mailed to me by post within 12 days. It makes no sense. I had to skip my important lecture of post-graduate studies to attend the convocation. Who is responsible for this?” asked Hetal Patel, a student of German literature.
Many students also complained about incorrect entries on their certificates. “My degree certificate mentions the address of my friend, who also did not get his certificate. This is bizarre,” said Niranka Utpat, an engineering student. Students complained about the ‘complex’ process of procuring certificates. “I missed my convocation speech due to the complete mismanagement by the university. I had to write to the controller to give me the permission to collect the certificate as I did not receive any mail. This consumed a lot of time,” said Tanmay Kulkarni, a commerce student.
UoP Vice-Chancellor Wasudeo Gade denied having received any complaints about convocation from students. When apprised about difficulties faced by students, he asked to contact university’s Controller of Examination Sampada Joshi, who could not be reached despite repeated attempts.
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
Meanwhile, huge traffic jams were witnessed on Ganeshkhind Road and Senapati Bapat Road as many students visited the university using private vehicles. DCP (traffic) Vishwas Pandhare said, “We had ensured adequate arrangements, but traffic jams were reported on some stretches,” he said. The reporter is a student of EXIMS, Delhi.