A nine months pregnant woman, who was in labour, had a harrowing time at Pune Municipal Corporation’s Kamla Nehru Hospital on Saturday after doctors allegedly refused to treat her. Despite being a registered patient here, Amareen Masaroon Shaikh (24) had to be rushed to the nearest private hospital, where she gave birth on Sunday morning.
A preliminary report submitted by Kamla Nehru Hospital’s medical superintendent to the civic body has indicted two doctors — who have received memos — with further action awaited from PMC’s health department.
Javed Khan, Amareen’s uncle and a local Shiv Sena leader, demanded strict action against the doctors and recovery of expenditure of around Rs 40,000 incurred towards the delivery at a private hospital.
“Amareen is a registered patient at Kamla Nehru Hospital and was following up with doctors there for eight months. Around 10.30 am on Saturday, the labour pains started and she had to be rushed to the hospital. Within an hour of hospitalisation, doctors asked her to go home, saying no healthcare was available at Kamla Nehru Hospital during weekends,” said Khan.
Amareen’s family immediately shifted her to a private hospital, where she gave a birth to a girl around 11.30 am on Sunday.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
“What Kamla Nehru Hospital doctors did was unethical. We demand strongest action against them. The civic body should pay us Rs 40,000 towards hospital expenditure,” Khan said.
The preliminary inquiry report states, “The decision taken by doctors concerned was wrong.” It also recommends paying the money to Amareen’s family by deducting money from salaries of the two doctors.
S T Pardeshi, PMC medical officer (health), said he has ordered an inquiry into the matter and necessary action would be taken in a week’s time. “The medical superintendent of Kamla Nehru Hospital was under pressure while preparing the preliminary inquiry report. I have ordered an in-depth inquiry. Legitimate action would be taken against the two doctors, if found guilty,” he said.