Corruption in India is a result of ego among politicians,said Senior BJP leader L K Advani,who was speaking at the birth anniversary celebration of Dada J P Vaswani on Friday.
The biggest problem India is facing is corruption. Ego in politicians is the reason behind this. They think they are indispensable and can do whatever they want, he said.
Speaking about his experience in pre Independence India,he said there was a lot of discrimination practiced against Indians in their own country. In the then Great Indian Peninsular railways,every furniture,every fitting had the etching of Stolen from GIP on it. This implied that all Indians are thieves and would end up stealing government property, he said. He added that the country post independence have not developed much.
Referring to the work undertaken by the Vaswani mission,he said that the need of the hour was to increase spiritual quotient in the country.
Whenever,I visit this Ashram,I feel I am in heaven. Dada has done a remarkable job in spreading excellence. We need to spread his work to every corner of the country, he said.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Advani said politicians should cultivate the spirit of giving. Corruption can be removed if the spiritual quotient is increased. He also asked for people to emulate the spirit of humility.
Dada Vaswani said ,The greatest need of the nation is men and women of character who can serve the country well. Whenever,I say,this,I think of Advani. He has the rare qualities that are needed to serve the country selflessly. India requires politicians like him to lead her, he said.