Investigators probing the Improvised Explosive Device (IED) blast have collected details of thousands of phone calls made from the area surrounding the Faraskhana and Vishrambaug police stations and the Dagdusheth Halwai Ganpati temple. An IED placed over a motorcycle parked in the parking lot of the police stations had exploded around 2 pm on July 10.
Investigators have got the details of the persons who were around the spot and made phone calls on the day. Some citizens who had made phone calls from the area were also called to the state Anti Terrorism Squad (ATS) office for questioning.
Meanwhile, investigators have launched a search for two suspects whose images have been caught in a CCTV camera. However, police are not sure whether the same persons actually parked the motorcycle with IED in the police station parking. the motorcycle was parked few hours before the blast happened.
A senior police officer said, “Nothing can be confirmed at this point of time. The investigation is at a crucial stage and we are going in the right direction.”
DGP reviews probe
Maharashtra Director-General of Police Sanjeev Dayal on Friday held a meeting with senior police officers in the city to discuss the case. Pune police commissioner Satish Mathur, JCP Sanjay Kumar along with officers from the ATS, Satara police and Pune rural police attended the meeting.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Help from Delhi police
Police sources said that officers from the special cell of Delhi police are keen on assisting the probe. Delhi police had earlier arrested key terror operatives including Qateel Siddiui who had allegedly tried to bomb Dagdusheth temple on February 13, 2010, the day when alleged IM operative Yasin Bhatkal allegedly bombed German Bakery in Koregaon Park. Delhi police had also arrested some terror suspects involved in serial blasts on J M Road.