Investigators probing the Improvised Explosive Device (IED) blast have collected details of thousands of phone calls made from the area surrounding the Faraskhana and Vishrambaug police stations and the Dagdusheth Halwai Ganpati temple. An IED placed over a motorcycle parked in the parking lot of the police stations had exploded around 2 pm on July 10.
Investigators have got the details of the persons who were around the spot and made phone calls on the day. Some citizens who had made phone calls from the area were also called to the state Anti Terrorism Squad (ATS) office for questioning.
Meanwhile, investigators have launched a search for two suspects whose images have been caught in a CCTV camera. However, police are not sure whether the same persons actually parked the motorcycle with IED in the police station parking. the motorcycle was parked few hours before the blast happened.
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
A senior police officer said, “Nothing can be confirmed at this point of time. The investigation is at a crucial stage and we are going in the right direction.”
DGP reviews probe
Maharashtra Director-General of Police Sanjeev Dayal on Friday held a meeting with senior police officers in the city to discuss the case. Pune police commissioner Satish Mathur, JCP Sanjay Kumar along with officers from the ATS, Satara police and Pune rural police attended the meeting.
Help from Delhi police
Police sources said that officers from the special cell of Delhi police are keen on assisting the probe. Delhi police had earlier arrested key terror operatives including Qateel Siddiui who had allegedly tried to bomb Dagdusheth temple on February 13, 2010, the day when alleged IM operative Yasin Bhatkal allegedly bombed German Bakery in Koregaon Park. Delhi police had also arrested some terror suspects involved in serial blasts on J M Road.