Health officials at Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC) are facing a daunting task to meet the target of registering 50,000 pregnant women as part of the Mother-Child Tracking Software (MCTS) project. With just 15,000-20,000 deliveries registered at 15 municipal hospitals, officials are now looking up to private hospitals to submit data. However, private practitioners are unwilling to share the data.
“We have no other option but to convince private hospitals to register data on obstetric cases with the civic body,” said Dr Sanjeev Wavare, Assistant Medical Officer of Health.
As part of the project project initiated by the Centre, the PMC fell short by 25,000 deliveries to touch the 55,000 mark in 2012-13 .
“The target for this year is also over 55,000 deliveries,” said Wavare, adding, the project aims at reducing maternal and infant mortality.
The MCTS system, which has been installed by various districts, also aims to train auxillary nursing midwives and multi-purpose workers to identify and track pregnant women in their areas, give them an ante-natal care card, register their identification, and ensure they are taken to hospitals for deliveries. As part of the project, an immunisation schedule has also been planned for infants. The project ensures SMS alerts are sent to pregnant women to check if they have done their blood and urine tests besides intimating them in advance about the next gynaecological check-up. While PMC’s 15 hospitals had a slow start due to delay in setting up the system, officials have to now think of innovative ways to fulfill the target of registering 55,000 pregnant women.
The PMC had sought help from Deputy Director Dr Kanchan Jagtap who in turn wrote to private hospitals urging them to be a part of the project. “So far, 50 institutions have been registered for the project. The target to register pregnant women is decided as per the population and for a population of 35 lakh at least 55,000 pregnant women have to be registered. We have been sending our staff to private hospitals to collect data but we have not been successful,” said Wavare.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More