Ahead of monsoon, the Pune Municipal Corporation has intensified its drive against encroachment and illegal construction in various parts of city with action of Thursday focused on Warje ward office area.
“The drive against encroachment and illegal construction is being taken across the city. The civic staff demolished the illegal structure in Warje and Shivane areas,” said Vilas Kanade, Deputy Municipal Commissioner.
- Govt staff injured in anti-encroachment drive as ‘residents pelt stones at them’
- Unauthorised constructions: BMC to empower DOs for action against violators
- BMC starts monthly inspections to curb illegal constructions, alterations
- BMC crackdown on restaurants: Over 300 ‘illegal’ constructions demolished in a day
- After Thane building collapse,civic body to intensify drive against illegal constructions
- PMC to pull down illegal structures on nullahs
He said the details of the action would be available after the report is submitted by those on the field.
Assistant Municipal Commissioner and incharge of Warje ward office Umesh Mali said the civic administration carried out the action in police protection. “The drive would continue against the illegal construction in the Warje area,” he said.