As the political scene is getting heated up with the Assembly elections round the corner, the NCP-Congress ruling alliance in the Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC) protested against the BJP-led Union government for approving the Metro rail project for Nagpur city ahead of Pune.
In the general body meeting on Wednesday, the corporators of NCP raised slogans against the BJP-led Union government, for discriminating between Nagpur and Pune, by approving the Metro rail project for Nagpur ahead of the one for Pune.
The corporators carried banners against BJP for not approving the Pune Metro rail project and demanded a speedy approval of the same. NCP corporators Dilip Barate, Sachin Dodke and Vaishali Bankar led the protest.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Later, Congress corporators, led by Arvind Shinde and Ulhas Bagul, joined the protest, as they raised the concern that BJP was purposely ignoring the Pune Metro project as the party is not in power in the city.
City Congress chief Abhay Chhajed condemned the union government decision to approve Metro rail project for Nagpur ahead of Pune. “Union minister Nitin Gadkari, who is taking credit for the Metro rail project for Nagpur, should clarify if he is the minister of the country or just of Nagpur,” Chhajed said.
Earlier, Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan too had criticised the Union government move to approve the Metro rail project of Nagpur while holding back the decision on Pune. “The union government should have approved Metro for both the cities or it is discrimination,” he had said.
Gadkari had responded saying that the Metro rail project was being approved due to his continuous follow-up, and the state government was delaying completion of the process for final approval of Pune Metro.
Meanwhile, the chief minister had claimed that all the necessary processes had been completed by the PMC.