As the political scene is getting heated up with the Assembly elections round the corner, the NCP-Congress ruling alliance in the Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC) protested against the BJP-led Union government for approving the Metro rail project for Nagpur city ahead of Pune.
In the general body meeting on Wednesday, the corporators of NCP raised slogans against the BJP-led Union government, for discriminating between Nagpur and Pune, by approving the Metro rail project for Nagpur ahead of the one for Pune.
The corporators carried banners against BJP for not approving the Pune Metro rail project and demanded a speedy approval of the same. NCP corporators Dilip Barate, Sachin Dodke and Vaishali Bankar led the protest.
Later, Congress corporators, led by Arvind Shinde and Ulhas Bagul, joined the protest, as they raised the concern that BJP was purposely ignoring the Pune Metro project as the party is not in power in the city.
City Congress chief Abhay Chhajed condemned the union government decision to approve Metro rail project for Nagpur ahead of Pune. “Union minister Nitin Gadkari, who is taking credit for the Metro rail project for Nagpur, should clarify if he is the minister of the country or just of Nagpur,” Chhajed said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Earlier, Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan too had criticised the Union government move to approve the Metro rail project of Nagpur while holding back the decision on Pune. “The union government should have approved Metro for both the cities or it is discrimination,” he had said.
Gadkari had responded saying that the Metro rail project was being approved due to his continuous follow-up, and the state government was delaying completion of the process for final approval of Pune Metro.
Meanwhile, the chief minister had claimed that all the necessary processes had been completed by the PMC.