For scoring a total of 295 marks in physics,chemistry and mathematics (PCM) in Class XII,Prafulla Dhariwal,a student of P Jog Junior College,has won the annual Abasaheb Naravane memorial prize,instituted by the Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education (MSBSHSE) to honour meritorious students from the science stream.
The award is just another feather in the cap for Prafulla who secured 95.83 per cent in Class XII and achieved a dream score of 190 in MT-CET. The student says his participation in different international Olympiads in the science subjects since childhood helped give him an edge over others.
I had secured a gold medal in the junior category of International Astronomy Olympiad when I was in Class VIII,and also obtained a good score in the International Mathematical Olympiad held in Argentina in 2012. Participation in these competitions of international repute widened my horizons and perspective towards academics, says Prafulla.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
Speaking to Newsline after getting his Class XII marksheet,Prafulla said the preparation for JEE helped him excel in both the board examination and the MT-CET.
Sushil Dhariwal,an entrepreneur in the field of industrial ceramics,and his wife Alka,faculty in Fluid Mechanics at MIT College of Engineering,are proud of their sons achievement. Prafulla had a deep liking for studies,especially for science subjects,since childhood. We just introduced him to various competitions without burdening him. He also loves sports and follows it passionately, says Alka.
Having scored good marks in JEE Main,he is waiting for the JEE Advanced results. Prafulla has bright chances of making it to the IITs or NITs,but has made up his mind to go to the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in the United States to pursue a four-year course in computer science.
I can make it to IITs,but have decided to go for MIT. I have also received a scholarship from there. No doubt the IITs in our country are at par with institutes like MIT,but reputed foreign institute offer better facilities and infrastructure to students, he reasons.