For scoring a total of 295 marks in physics,chemistry and mathematics (PCM) in Class XII,Prafulla Dhariwal,a student of P Jog Junior College,has won the annual Abasaheb Naravane memorial prize,instituted by the Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education (MSBSHSE) to honour meritorious students from the science stream.
The award is just another feather in the cap for Prafulla who secured 95.83 per cent in Class XII and achieved a dream score of 190 in MT-CET. The student says his participation in different international Olympiads in the science subjects since childhood helped give him an edge over others.
I had secured a gold medal in the junior category of International Astronomy Olympiad when I was in Class VIII,and also obtained a good score in the International Mathematical Olympiad held in Argentina in 2012. Participation in these competitions of international repute widened my horizons and perspective towards academics, says Prafulla.
Speaking to Newsline after getting his Class XII marksheet,Prafulla said the preparation for JEE helped him excel in both the board examination and the MT-CET.
Sushil Dhariwal,an entrepreneur in the field of industrial ceramics,and his wife Alka,faculty in Fluid Mechanics at MIT College of Engineering,are proud of their sons achievement. Prafulla had a deep liking for studies,especially for science subjects,since childhood. We just introduced him to various competitions without burdening him. He also loves sports and follows it passionately, says Alka.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Having scored good marks in JEE Main,he is waiting for the JEE Advanced results. Prafulla has bright chances of making it to the IITs or NITs,but has made up his mind to go to the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in the United States to pursue a four-year course in computer science.
I can make it to IITs,but have decided to go for MIT. I have also received a scholarship from there. No doubt the IITs in our country are at par with institutes like MIT,but reputed foreign institute offer better facilities and infrastructure to students, he reasons.