Additional director general of police (highway traffic) R K Padmanabhan Saturday visited the Pune-Mumbai expressway at Urse toll post to take a review of the “Golden Hours” project launched last month on experimental basis.
Padmanabhan also took a review of traffic violations, traffic congestion on the expressway and use of CCTV and drone cameras on the expressway.
Watch What Else is Making news
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
The “Golden Hours” project, a brainchild of Padmanabhan, aims at easing the flow of traffic on the Pune-Mumbai expressway by restricting the movements of multi-axle vehicles, containers and overweight vehicles for a few hours on specific days, particularly on the weekends, on the stretch between Khalapur and Urse toll posts. Police said that traffic jams had increased on the expressway due to the rise in the number of vehicles. It is being checked whether by restricting the movements of multi-axle vehicles, containers and overweight vehicles for a few hours, the movement of passenger vehicles was eased.
Padmanabhan reached Urse toll post around 12.15 pm from Mumbai. Police inspector Sudhir Aspat of state highway police said that Padmanabhan interacted with people using expressway at the Urse toll post to know if the project is helping them. “He also checked the situation regarding traffic violations and other aspects. Most of the passengers said that the Golden Hours projects has eased the flow of traffic on the expressway,” said Aspat.